Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, January 20, 2017

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Valentines and the
Very Best of Pinterest Pins

I needed a quick Valentine's Day card to make this year as February will be a busy month with a wedding in the family. This lovely card below from Pinterest uses the HEARTS ENTWINE die online at Simon Says and was the perfect inspiration for a HOM-made valentine this year:

Original Pin HERE

My 2017 Valentine's Day Card:


I love this metallic gold paper. I found it squirreled away in my paper drawer...and it was so old that it was starting to bubble in places. I did a happy when I could finally put it to good use!

My sister loves shades of blue. This one's for her:


I also had a chance to make a matching purse and birthday card set:



Stamp Sets by Stampin' Up:
Butterfly Basics
Watercolor Wishes
Oh, So Lovely

By Art Gone Wild:
Birthday 3-D Simple Circles


I found this card design and tutorial
from this Pinterest pin:

 Original Pin HERE
View Instructions HERE

I also made this get well version:


Stamp Set by Stampin' Up:
Thoughts and Prayers

This type of card is called a tri shutter card. A search in Pinterest yielded a bunch of examples and variations HERE and HERE with many helpful tutorials in a PDF format.

For more Valentine's Day PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS picks, check out my board containing pins of cards that would be suitable for Valentine's Day, Weddings and Anniversaries HERE

Happy Valentine's Day and send a handmade paper greeting to those who make your heart happy!